Investors can place at-auction limit orders from 4:10 PM on a trading day to 9:22 AM on the next trading day. At-auction limit orders placed before 9:00 AM will be saved by Futu AU’s trading system and automatically submitted to the exchange after 9:00 AM.
Random matching from 9:20 AM - 9:28 AM
● No at-auction limit orders can be edited or cancelled after 9:15 AM.
● At-auction limit orders are matched in time priority.
● Any unfilled at-auction limit orders will be converted into limit orders and carried forward to the regular trading session.
● Except for special circumstances (there is no previous closing price or resumption of stocks after suspension), the price of an at-auction limit order entered before 9:15 AM must be within ±15% of the previous closing price. The price range of an at-auction limit order entered after 9:15 AM is further narrowed. The upper limit of the price of a buy order is equal to the best bid or ask price recorded at 9:15 AM, whichever is higher, and the lower limit of the price of a sell order is equal to the best bid or ask price recorded at 9:15.AM, whichever is lower.
● The Pre-opening Session (POS) covers only equities (including depository receipts, investment companies, preference shares and stapled securities), funds (including exchange traded funds (ETFs) and real estate investment trusts (REITs)) and leveraged and inverse products (L&I Products) (collectively, the 「POS Securities」). Orders input on non-POS Securities during the POS will be rejected, unless they are input during the Continuous Trading Session. For more available product types, please refer to the official website of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
4:01 PM -4:10 PM (of which 4:08 PM - 4:10 PM is a random closing period. If the market has been closed, you cannot place an order)
4:08 PM - 4:10 PM
● All at-auction limit orders cannot be edited or cancelled after 4:06 PM.
● The price of an at-auction limit order shall not be higher than the nominal price * 9 or lower than the nominal price * 0.1.
● At-auction limit orders are matched in order time priority.
● Unfilled limit orders by the end of the Afternoon Session will be automatically carried forward to the Closing Auction Session.
● Any unfilled at-auction limit orders will be automatically cancelled after the random closing period.