Last Updated: June 19, 2023
Welcome to Moomoo Technologies Inc.!
What information do we need to provide our Services?
If you register an account to use the Services then we will need some information from you in order to set up your account. If you contact our customer support then we will also retain your contact information and any information in your support request so that we can address your query. More Information.
How will we use information?
Does Moomoo share information with third parties?
Our Services rely on certain third parties to ensure the best experience – including cloud services, identity verification and social media networks that you connect to your account. We also have affiliates around the world who work together to provide the Services. In some cases, if required by law or a judicial or enforcement order, we may be required to disclose certain information to government or judicial authorities. More Information.
Where is your information processed?
Our servers are located in California, Virginia and Singapore. Our support teams, affiliates, and service providers are located around the world. More Information.
How long is information retained?
As a general rule, information is only retained for the period for which you have an account. In some cases we may retain information after such time, for example where the law requires us to retain certain records. More Information.
What are my rights over my information?
Certain laws provide users with special rights – including the right to access, to correct, to delete, to transfer or to restrict how your information is used. You can read more about certain rights and how to get in touch with us below. More Information.
How can you manage and delete your account and/or information?
We keep and safeguard your data until the data is no longer necessary for us to provide our Services, or until your account is deleted - unless we are required to retain your personal information for a longer period to comply with our legal obligations. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal, compliance, or operational retention needs.
When you instruct us to delete your data, you will no longer be able to access the Services. We will also, subject to our legal or compliance needs, delete things you have posted, such as your photos and comments, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. You can contact us at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com.
How to get in touch with us?
You can contact us at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will we notify you of changes?
- through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the "Apps");
- through our social media pages and apps (collectively, our "Social Media Pages"); and
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the "Services".
If you do not agree to the processing of your personal information as described in this policy, please do not provide your information and stop using the Services. By using the Services you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information as described in this policy.
PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following sets out what personal information we process, the source of that information, and our legal basis for processing that information (applicable in certain jurisdictions which require a legal basis for processing).
We need to collect personal information in order to provide the requested Services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services.
Name, Date of Birth, Postal Address, Telephone Number, Email address
|To contact you regarding your account, including marketing.
Username (Moomoo ID or other identifier), password, profile picture
|To facilitate your use of the Services.
IDFA and ADID
|To facilitate ad attribution as part of our marketing campaigns.
|To determine your approximate location.
Determined through GPS (with your permission), WiFi network, wireless network triangulation.
|To monitor the integrity of the Services to ensure the provision of the Services is secure and lawful.
device type, OS name and version, screen resolution, platform type, device manufacturer and model, language settings, browser type and version, software name and version, list of installed applications and information about installed applications.
This is used:
Interactions with the Services (including photos or media uploaded)
|Customer Service Data
Account identifier, log data, email address (if you choose to disclose your email), details of request.
|To respond to your support request.
|Social Media Data
Social account ID, name, email address, photo, contacts, and any other information that may be or that you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your account.
|To connect your account with your social media handle, and facilitate sharing on your social media account.
Messages, Images, Videos posted
|To facilitate your use of the forum to communicate with the community.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our servers are located in California, Virginia and Singapore. Our support team, affiliates, and third party partners are based around the world, and may have access to certain personal information from to time in order to help provide the Services. The personal information protection laws of those other countries might be different from the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside, and might permit courts, government, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and security authorities to access your personal information without notice. By providing your personal information to Moomoo, you consent to the transfer of the personal information to facilities located in other countries and the processing and storage of the personal information at those facilities. In the case of transfers of personal information from the United Kingdom or European Union to third countries, we rely on the relevant standard contractual clauses to facilitate that transfer. Where other jurisdictions require that we enter into or use other lawful means to facilitate export, we implement appropriate safeguards to facilitate such transfer using lawful means. We will retain the personal information only for so long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected (unless we are legally required to retain it, in which case it will be retained for the relevant mandatory legal retention period).
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent required for the supply of the Services, we will share certain personal information with the following:
- third party service providers – these include website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, trade process, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, targeted advertising identification and delivery, mailing service, tax and accounting services, contest fulfillment and other services in connection with the overall delivery of the Services;
- judicial authorities, law enforcement, regulators, courts, government authorities, and other parties where required for compliance with legal obligations – there may be circumstances where we are legally required to disclose personal information to these entities, whether it be to comply with applicable law and regulations, to cooperate with an inquiry or investigation, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, and legal claims, to enforce our terms and conditions; or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, users or the public.
- in connection with a sale or business transaction – we may disclose or transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Moomoo may disclose your personal information in accordance with express or implied consents that you give during your interactions and transactions with Moomoo. We will not, however, share or sell users' mobile information (including name and mobile phone numbers) that is used for 10DLC campaign to other parties for their marketing and/or promotional purposes.
Using pixel tags and other similar technologies
Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates. You may set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email, used our Services, or performed certain functions with it.
Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects ("Flash LSOs")) and other similar technologies
We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions (which would explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as "information"), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
Your IP address is automatically assigned to your devices by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
We seek to use organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Users in some jurisdictions have rights afforded by law in relation to their personal information. A general overview of certain rights is set out below. Please contact us to confirm what rights apply to you and the location you are ordinarily resident in. You can contact us at any time at email@example.com.
For your protection, we will only deal with requests relevant to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that in some countries, we cannot accede to your request if doing so involves us having to reveal personal information about another individual.
Please note that in some countries, we are entitled to charge a reasonable administrative fee for implementing or giving effect to your request.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Withdrawal of consent for use and disclosure of your Personal Information
Please note that, depending on the nature and extent of the withdrawal, you acknowledge that we may be unable to initiate or continue to provide Services to you, or administer any account(s) or relationship(s) in place upon the withdrawal of your consent. This may include the termination of any accounts, agreements and/or relationships that you may have with us.
All our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in the event of termination and any subsequent event. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of any collection, use or disclosure of personal information which is not subject to consent, or for which we are otherwise legally permitted to retain.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may also opt-out by using the "Unsubscribe" link that would always be contained in the marketing email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
How you can access or correct your Personal Information
You may have a right to:
- request access to your personal information and receive information about how we have used or disclosed your personal information; and/or
- request that we correct any inaccuracies or incomplete information in your personal information.
If you would like to request to review or correct your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com. or by going to Settings within the App.
We aim to ensure that your personal information is sufficiently accurate, complete and up-to-date, as provided by you, to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you, or disclosed by us to a third party. In order to ensure that your personal information is current, complete and accurate, please notify us as soon as possible if any of the information that you have provided to us has changed.
If you tell us that any personal information about you that is held by us is inaccurate or incomplete, we will take appropriate action to amend the personal information as required and, if necessary, notify relevant third parties of the correction. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change the personal information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may have a right to request that Moomoo dispose of your personal information under Moomoo’s control, subject to contractual and legal restrictions. If you wish for Moomoo to dispose of your personal information under Moomoo’s control, please give us reasonable notice in writing of such request by contacting us at email@example.com.
In addition, please note that we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
You may receive advertisements based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. These companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags) that collects information about your use of the Services over time. They also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop. For advertising, we may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) or hashed data with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the minimum age with capacity to consent to processing of personal information in each jurisdiction in which the Services are available, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under such age.
Unless we specifically request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
We may use and disclose Other Information including aggregated data for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under any applicable law or regulation. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
JURISDICTION SPECIFIC TERMS
This section applies to California residents covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
Over the past 12 months, we have collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information from or about you or your device:
- Identifiers, such as your name as it appears on your social media profile, IP address, device ID, device token, phone number, mailing address, email address, and nickname. This information is collected directly from you and your device and from social media platforms if you choose to sign up using a social media account.
- Commercial information about any transactions within the Service such as what transactions were made and how much they cost. This information is collected directly from you and your device and the Google Play or Apple iOS store.
- Geolocation data such as your region location when you set up your profile and choose to provide this information for the Service. This information is collected directly from you.
- Audio and visual information such as your social media profile picture, photos shared in the Service, and messages. This information is collected directly from you and from social media platforms if you choose to sign up using a social media account.
- Other information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80, including information about your gender, nationality, or age. This information is collected directly from you in the context of being our consumer.
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Service, maintaining your account, providing customer service, processing transactions, and facilitating use of forums.
- To improve our services, including the functionality of the Service.
- For security and verification purposes, including to prevent and detect fraudulent activity.
- To address and remediate technical issues and bugs.
We disclose personal information to the following types of entities:
- Other companies within our corporate group who process your personal information in order to operate the Service.
- Other companies that provide services on our behalf in support of the Service and who are prohibited by contract from retaining, using, or disclosing personal information for any purpose other than for providing their services to us.
- Regulators, judicial authorities and law enforcement agencies
- Entities that acquire all or substantially all of our business.
In the past 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information of California residents within the meaning of “sold” in the CCPA.
Rights under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of personal information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting personal information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about you and the categories of personal information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the personal information about you; and
- Request we delete personal information we collected from you, unless CCPA recognizes an exception; and
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights including providing a different level or quality of services or denying goods or services to you when you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
We aim to fulfil all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If necessary, extensions for an additional 45 days will be accompanied by an explanation for the delay.
How to Exercise Your Rights
First, you may wish to log into your account and manage your data from there. If you are a California resident to whom the CCPA applies, you may also exercise your rights, if any, regarding other data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section applies to Malaysian residents covered by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
Information from Minors