Cash Sweep Program is a cash management program provided by Moomoo Financial Inc. ("MFI").
Once enrolled in the program, uninvested cash in a customer's MFI brokerage account is automatically swept to one of the more banks participating in the program and is eligible to earn interest.
Current customers of MFI who HAVE made a deposit before November 3, 2023, 00:00 AM ET could get 5.1% APY on their cash in the MFI Cash Sweep Program by joining one of the promotions below.
You can become a moomoo ambassador and light up the Ambassador Badge!
Share your unique referral link with friends. If they open a brokerage account at MFI using your referral link and deposit $100, the Ambassador Badge will light up and you will become a moomoo Ambassador.
Promotional period: November 9, 2023 4:00 AM ET - January 31, 2024 11:00 AM ET
Eligibility: All existing MFI account holders are eligible to participate in the Referral Promotion.
How to access the 5.1% APY rate:
Share your unique referral link with friends. You the ('Referrer') are eligible for 5.1% APY on your cash in the Cash Sweep Program if at least one person you refer (the 'Referee') successfully opens a brokerage account at MFI, using your referral link, and deposits at least $100 during the Promotion Period. The Referee is also eligible for 5.1% APY on cash in the Cash Sweep Program and a new customer free stock bonus. See Welcome Bonus for more details: https://www.moomoo.com/us/support/topic4_410
Referees must be persons who have not previously opened a brokerage account at MFI and who are U.S. residents over the age of 18 with a valid SSN.
Promotional period: November 9, 2023 4:00 AM ET - January 31, 2024 11:00 AM ET.
Eligibility: All existing MFI account holders are eligible to participate in the Deposit Bonus Promotion.
How to access the 5.1% APY rate:
Transfer at least $500 (net value during the promotional period) into the brokerage account.
Please note, current MFI customers enrolled in the cash sweep program that do not satisfy the conditions listed above will stay at the default cash sweep rate of 0.03%. The users who get 5.1% APY during the promotion period will retain the 5.1% APY rate after the promotional period ends. Please note, the interest rate may change at any time.
Cash Sweep Program is a cash management program provided by Moomoo Financial Inc. This program is only open to US securities accounts under Moomoo Financial Inc. Uninvested cash is automatically swept to the bank(s) through this program and is eligible to earn interest.
When the cash purchasing power of the securities account is negative, the uninvested cash will be automatically redeemed from the bank(s) to the securities account before the transactions are settled to avoid the payment of financing interest. When the cash is positive, it will be automatically deposited in the bank(s) at 2pm EST of each trading day to earn interest.
More information can be found in the full MFI Cash Sweep Program Terms and Conditions:https://www.moomoo.com/us/support/topic4_222
The sweep program (1) allows an investor to earn a rate of interest on free cash that is higher than the rate offered for cash held in a brokerage account and (2) banks in the program offer insurance on such cash that is higher than that available for an SIPC-covered account.
The uninvested cash swept to program banks is eligible for FDIC insurance up to $1 million or $250,000 per program bank, inclusive of any other deposits you may already hold at the bank in the same ownership capacity, which may impact how much is covered. You are responsible for monitoring the total amount of deposits that you have with each Program Bank, in order to determine the extent of FDIC deposit insurance coverage available to you.
Please note that until funds are swept to a program bank, they are held in your brokerage account which is protected by SIPC. Once funds are swept, they are no longer held in your brokerage account and are not protected by SIPC. However, these funds are eligible for FDIC insurance through the Program Banks subject to FDIC insurance coverage limits.
The interest in the Cash Sweep program is accrued daily and paid monthly, and will generally be paid to the swept account at the end of the month. You can use a filter to see all the records of the program in the securities account "fund details".
Unfortunately no. Interest rates change for a variety of reasons and MFI reserves the right to change the interest rate available to Cash Sweep Program participants at any time and without notice.
When participating in the Cash Sweep program, the funds deposited in the bank will still be considered as your securities' account purchasing power.
Eligibility for 5.1% APY will be granted to you ('the Referrer') within 3 trading days after the Referee's deposit reaches the specified amount.
Eligibility for 5.1% APY will be granted to you within 3 trading days after your deposit reaches the specified amount.
Please note, eligibility for 5.1% APY will be granted on trading days of the US stock market. In case of a holiday, rewards will be delivered on the first trading day after the holiday.
No, the rate should not be affected from the promotion ending. For example, if you deposit $500 today as an existing customer in order to gain the 5.1% APY for your uninvested cash, that rate should continue at the end of the promo period. However, that does not mean rates will always remain the same. APY rates are still subject to change depending on various factors, such as the Federal Funds rate, market and economic conditions.
Yes, you have the flexibility to withdraw or invest your funds at any time.
1. The moomoo app is an app that offers access to licensed brokerages. In the US, securities products available through the Moomoo App are offered by Moomoo Financial Inc., a broker-dealer registered with the SEC and member FINRA/SIPC. For further information about Moomoo Financial Inc., see FINRA BrokerCheck. For further information about SIPC coverage for accounts at Moomoo Financial Inc, see www.sipc.org or request an explanatory brochure from Moomoo Financial Inc.
2. The interest rate available through the Cash Sweep Program may change at any time and without notice. The terms and conditions of the Cash Sweep Program are incorporated into the terms and conditions of this promotion.
3. (If applicable) all amounts in the rules for this promotion are in US dollars. The stock cash coupon will be added to your brokerage account.
4. Participants are solely responsible for all taxes on winnings. Customers of Moomoo Financial Inc. will receive a Form 1099 at the end of the year reporting the value of prizes Moomoo Financial Inc. or Moomoo Technologies Inc. may be required to withhold US federal income for certain individuals under certain circumstances. Please consult your tax advisor for more information applicable to your individual tax circumstances.
5. Each user is limited to using one account, one mobile phone number, and one device to participate in promotions. Abnormal behavior (including but not limited to using mobile phone device emulators and artificially modifying mobile phone device numbers) may automatically disqualify or suspend users' eligibility for participating in the promotion.
6. Moomoo Technologies Inc. has the sole right to interpret the promotion rules. By participating in the promotion, you agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of Moomoo Technologies Inc., such decisions are final and binding in all respects.
7. All terms and agreements of Moomoo Financial Inc. And Moomoo Technologies Inc. are hereby incorporated into these terms and conditions, including and not limited to their arbitration and class-action waiver provisions. The customer agreement for Moomoo Financial Inc. is available at here.
8. By participating in the promotion, you certify that you have read and understood the rules of this promotion as well as the terms and agreements of Moomoo Financial Inc. and Moomoo Technologies Inc.
9. (If applicable) This offer is limited to one reward per new account, with no more than one account enrolled per person.
10. (If applicable) Neither receipt of a share of stock through this program nor identification of a particular security in communications related to this promotion constitutes a solicitation of the security or a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold the security. Moomoo Technologies Inc. and Moomoo Financial Inc. do not provide investment advice and do not recommend any security or transaction.
11. Moomoo Technologies Inc. reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time without notice. This promotion and the products and services available through Moomoo Financial Inc. and Moomoo Technologies Inc. are not available to all customers or in all geographic areas or in any jurisdiction where it is unlawful for them to offer such products and services.
12. Consult with your tax advisor about the appropriate tax treatment for this offer and any tax implications associated with receipt of a stock bonus before enrolling. For taxable accounts, the value of all Moomoo Financial Inc. offers received may be reported as Other Income on a Form 1099-MISC where required by applicable rules and regulations. Moomoo Financial Inc. and its affiliates do not take responsibility for any tax related to this promotion.
13. Other Terms and Conditions of moomoo apply, please see moomoo.com.
14. If you have any questions, please contact us via “Me” ‒ “Customer Service” in the moomoo app or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org