About Freeport-McMoRan Company
Freeport-McMoRan, Inc. engages in the mining of copper, gold, and molybdenum. It operates through the following segments: North America Copper Mines, South America Mining, Indonesia Mining, Molybdenum Mines, Rod and Refining, Atlantic Copper Smelting and Refining, and Corporate and Other. The North America Copper Mines segment operates open-pit copper mines in Morenci, Baghdad, Safford, Sierrita, and Miami in Arizona and Chino and Tyrone in New Mexico. The South America Mining segment includes Cerro Verde in Peru and El Abra in Chile. The Indonesia Mining segment handles the operations of the Grasberg minerals district that produce copper concentrate containing significant quantities of gold and silver. The Molybdenum Mines segment includes the Henderson underground mine and Climax open pit mine, both in Colorado. The Rod and Refining segment consists of copper conversion facilities located in North America and includes a refinery, rod mills, and a specialty copper products facility. The Atlantic Copper Smelting and Refining segment smelts and refines copper concentrate and markets refined copper and precious metals in slimes. The Corporate and Other segment offers other mining and eliminations, oil and gas operations and other corporate and elimination items. The company was founded by James R. Moffett on November 10, 1987 and is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ.
Why Are Metal and Mining Stocks BHP Group, VALE, Wheaton Precious Metals Falling Monday?
Metal and mining stocks, including BHP Group Limited (NYSE:BHP), VALE S.A. (NYSE:VALE), Wheaton Precious Metals Corp (NYSE:WPM) and Freeport-McMoRan, Inc (NYSE:FCX) are trading lower Monday as prices
Alcoa, Freeport-McMoRan Fall; Williams-Sonoma, Ford Rise, Monday, 9/25/2023
Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX) Is Paying Out A Dividend Of $0.15
1. $Zions Bancorp(ZION.US)$ - up 4.0%
2. $Equity Lifestyle Properties Inc(ELS.US)$ - up 3.6%
3. $Novo-Nordisk A/S(NVO.US)$ - up 1.7%
4. $Freeport-McMoRan(FCX.US)$ - up 1.4%
5. $Orange SA(ORAN.US)$ - up 0.9%
6. $Sanofi(SNY.US)$ - up 0.9%
7. $Catalent(CTLT.US)$ - up 0.9%
8. $Tenaris(TS.US)$ - up 0.9...
1. $argenx SE(ARGX.US)$ - up 24.6%
2. $Black Knight(BKI.US)$ - up 11.5%
3. $POSCO(PKX.US)$ - up 6.0%
4. $Aramark(ARMK.US)$ - up 1.6%
5. $Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd(RDY.US)$ - up 1.5%
6. $Elbit Systems(ESLT.US)$ - up 0.9%
7. $Wipro(WIT.US)$ - up 0.8%
8. $Take-Two Interactive Software(TTWO.US)$ - up 0.7...
$Rivian Automotive(RIVN.US)$ +6.5% (Rivian popped 6.5% in premarket trading, adding to Monday's gains after the electric vehicle maker reported 12,640 deliveries during the second quarter. The deliveries were up 59% from the previous quarter and beat analyst expectations of 11,000 vehicles, according to StreetAccount.)
$ASTRAZENECA(AZNCF.US)$ +3% (The drugmaker climbed nearly 3%...