Stock options are investment tools that help obtain gains or protect against risk during market volatility.
If you have a watchlisted stock and wish to check its related options, options chains may be helpful.
(Images provided are not current, and any securities are shown for illustrative purposes only. )
Where to find options chains?
1. Enter a stock's "Detailed Quotes" page. For example, AAPL.
2. Tap "Chains" via "Options" on top of the page.
How to use options chains?
You can filter different types of options on the "Options Chains" page. By selecting "All", you can see all options of a given expiration date of that stock.
Let's say you own shares of Apple stock but believe its stock price will drop next month. If you wish to buy Put to hedge the risk, you can do the following:
1. Tap "Put". The area in blue is "in the money put option", referring to put options whose strike price is greater than the current price.
2. Choose the expiration date, for example, the date after a month.
3. Choose a strike price, 120, for example; swipe the chart to view more information.
4. Enter the option's "Detailed Quotes" page to view the latest quotes and analyses, or enter the "Trade" page.
How to change settings of options chains?
1. Tap the settings icon, and choose "Layout Settings".
2. You can customize the page layout by setting Layout, Scroll Direction, Expiration Date, etc.
3. Tap “Column Settings” to hide or sort selected columns.
4. After the settings are done, enter the "Options Chains" page again to view.