2022 Recap: The worst, the best, and the stories behind
Views 145KContents 268
2022 Final Call: Guess the year-end closing price of the S&P 500 and win rewards!
There are only a few days before the New Year's bell rings. New year, new hope!
For most investors, 2022 is a roller coaster ride. As we approach the end of 2022, all three major US stock indexes are on track to break their 3-year winning streaks and have their worst year since 2008. Let's look at the performance of the S&P 500—an indicator of US stock performance this year:
* S&P 500 index focuses on the large-cap companies with over 80% coverage of U.S. equities. The index primarily includes companies from financial, healthcare, consumer discretionary, industrials, consumer staples, and energy sectors. S&P 500 Index performance shown is for 1/1/2022-12/21/2022. Source: moomoo, 2022 S&P Dow Jones Indices
* Indexes are unmanaged and cannot be directly invested into. Past performance is no indication of future results. Investing involves risk and the potential to lose principal.
Despite the frustrating performance of the stock market this year, we could still see a rebound in the last few trading days: Historically, the U.S. stock market has sometimes rallied at the end of the year in what has been called a "Santa Claus rally", which encompasses the last five trading days of the calendar year and the first two trading days of the New Year.
Before you hit the reset button and enter 2023, let's enjoy a little holiday break and take a guess at the closing price of the S&P 500 in 2022. Will Santa Claus miraculously save the market again?
How to participate:
● Make your choice on the closing price range of the S&P 500 on Friday, Dec 30 given in the vote below by Dec 30 at 3:00 PM ET / Dec 31 at 4:00 AM SGT.
● Comment to share your outlook on certain stocks, sectors, or the market as a whole in 2023. What investment strategy would you adopt for the New Year?
● 10,000 Points Giveaways: Mooers who give the correct draw on the closing price range of the S&P 500 index will get an equal share of 10,000 points. (e.g., If 200 mooers win, each of them will get 50 points.)
● Inspiration Reward: We will award 1,000 points each to the Top 10 posts on the 2023 market or the performance outlook for a specific stock from 10 mooers!
*Reward 1 and 2 are not exclusive. You can win both!
Voting will close on Dec 30, 3:00 PM ET / Dec 31, 4:00 AM SGT.
You can still comment below to win the Inspiration Reward until Jan 3, 2023, 11:59 PM ET.
Selection Criteria: The selection is based on quality, originality, and user engagement. Using charts, photos or tables is encouraged. Great insights will be collected into Moo Picks.
The rewards will be issued within 10 working days after the event ends.
Let's all look forward to Santa coming to town!
This presentation is for information and educational use only and is not a recommendation or endorsement of any particular investment or investment strategy. See this link for more information.
Disclaimer: Moomoo Technologies Inc. is providing this content for information and educational use only. Read more
487 Comments · 410K Views
矜重的比尔 : 按照标普500指数过往近30年的平均年化回报率来看，实际回报率均值为10.1%，近10年为14.25%。
Milk The Cow : 3700 - 3800+
Jack pc16007 : 大盘三大指数只要不跌破10/13/2022的最低价，就会盘整或上涨的可能。
71229336Bedbugguy : S&P 3815
SuperWonderTrader : S&P 3750
Zhi Yong ccc : Bull
Lichele : I think there will be a major sell off at the very end of the year as people prepare for their taxes for 2022
doctorpot1 : SPY will definitely close between 0 and 10,000 hahahaha
lastnite24 : I believe that the s&p will close between 3900 and 4100 for the year.
as for next year it's still difficult to believe that this market can rally easily instead of bear market bounces. I cannot call anything good to buy because I think the market may rally a week or two into January and then they may resume taking our money when the hedge funds get back to work in 2023.
I can see small short term exceptions if something major happens like (sustained) peace in Ukraine or unfortunately war in other countries. at a better level I would recommend utilities ( $PG&E Corp(PCG.US)$ , $Charter Communications(CHTR.US)$ ,or $Sempra Energy(SRE.US)$ ) but then again this isn't advice and I have no idea what's going to happen in the new year
romancer : Buy SP500 index
View more comments...