Retailer Costco Wholesale Corporation reported second-quarter financial results after the market close Thursday. Here are the key highlights.
● Net sales: $54.24 billion, up 6.5% year-over-year. versus $55.58 billion expected
● Adjusted earnings per share: $3.30 versus $3.21 expected
● Same-store sales: up 6.8% versus up 6.16% expected
- United States: up 5.8% versus up 5.56% expected
- Canada: up 9.6% versus up 5.51% expected
- Other international: 9.5% versus up 7.10% expected
● Membership fees represented $1.03 billion of the company's second-quarter total compared to $967 million in the year ago period.
● The company ended the quarter with 848 total stores, consisting of 584 in the United States and Puerto Rico, 107 in Canada, 40 in Mexico, 31 in Japan, 29 in the united Kingdom, 18 in Korea, 14 in Taiwan, 14 in Australia, four in Spain, two in France, two in China, one in Iceland, one in New Zealand and one in Sweden.
Q: 1) Is now a good time to own COST stocks?
2) What's your opinion or analysis of the company?