Log Out
English
Back

THANKSGIVING 2022: Setbacks make better investors

92K Views ·313 Posts

Activity Description

Ended
Thanksgiving 2022 is around the corner!

The stock market has been on a roller-coaster ride of late. Can you think of anything to be thankful for? This time, we'd like to invite you to share some different "moments to be thankful for": the setbacks you've encountered on your investment journey.

We believe that setbacks make better investors. Once you've learned and grown from your setbacks, you can use them to set you up for success. By struggling against the forces you find pushing you down, you can develop anti-gravity powers that lift you higher later on.

Rewards:
We will select 3 qualified mooers to reward each of them with a FREE Stock worth about $10–$20, and another 7 to reward each of them with a FREE stock worth about $5–$15.
We've prepared 55 points for all qualified participants who share their stories with over 20 words about the setbacks on the investment journey under this topic.

*Winners of the free stocks are selected based on the completeness and quality of the content.
*Only relevant posts with over 20 words or a picture are deemed qualified.
*Rewards will be issued within 10-15 business days.
New
Hot

Hi mooers,
Candles are swaying, turkey is smelling...Oh! It's the annual Thanksgiving Day approaching!Fireworks
We know it could be difficult for you to be "thankful" in a year full of frustrationsHammer. However, mistakes are bound to be made along the way in investing and even in life. The most important thing is, can you learn from your past failures and make peace with your mistakes?Smart
Even leaders like Warren Buffett learned from setbacks. His stock pu...

Help Mooers & Earn Rewards: Join Moomoo Learn's Special Event

It's been about five months since the launch of one of Moomoo Learn's 2022 features -- Learning Exams.
We've had a lot of feedback and Moomoo Learn plans to host regular Help & Earn Learning Events to reward our mooers and help you ace your exams.
RoseWhat is Help & Earn Learning Event?
This is a learning activity where you earn points by taking quizzes or asking questions. In short, it offers you the opportunity to earn money through yo...
+1

[US Markets Closure Notice] Stock Markets Will Stay Closed on Thursday, Nov 24 & Close 3 Hours Earlier at 1PM on Friday, Nov 25, for Thanksgiving Day

[US Markets Closure Notice] Stock Markets Will Stay Closed on Thursday, Nov 24 & Close 3 Hours Earlier at 1PM on Friday, Nov 25, for Thanksgiving Day

🦃🦃 Happy Thanksgiving!!! 🦃🦃

I started my investment ( or more of a gambling) in stock market since mid 2021 and suffered a huge loss for all the stupid mistakes made. Seriously, no one but myself to blame.
My biggest mistake made was simply listening to insider news/tips/rumors instead of doing enough study of the stock that I invested in. I was so desperate to enter the market thinking of making some quick money. Buying at peak yet naive enough hoping that it’ll continue to clinch a greater hei...

Thanksgiving 2022 event: Setbacks make a better investors

Hello everyone, I am pretty sure this year, is a year that is "memorable" as bear is hitting the market. We have been a long bull market previously, or a fast and furious V-shape recovery of Covid-19 crash (bear), thus, this longer term bear market definately has upset many investors.
However, instead of getting upset, we should use this as an oppurtinity to review ourselves, both strategies and mindset in investings, to be a better us. I...
+7

Thanksgiving 2022: My Greatest Setback and How It Made Me a Better Investor

The greatest setback in my investment journey was my loss of over S$500K literally overnight in a stock speculation, at a time when my newborn was barely 1 month old and my company was retrenching. The stock was suspended from trading after an accounting fraud was uncovered, and eventually delisted.
The loss was the equivalence of a typical 5-bedroom HDB flat or a small private apartment then, so it still aches me whenev...

THANKSGIVING 2022 setbacks.

I started trading a few months ago and was so excited to make money day trading but to my disappointment I would mostly loose until the $1,000 I started with disappeared , so I decided to trade only one stock and buy the dip , Im now getting confidence and making profit , MOO MOO app has definitely help me grow into a better invester.
Thankyou
THANKSGIVING 2022 setbacks.

Forward Looking

I started investing in the middle of October of this year. I chose the MooMoo platform for a variety of reasons and I'm very glad that I did. Having to learn more or less on my own and reading the material only when I had time made things very frustrating and a little defeating. I have found a few quality stocks(they may be on the lower end but I've been working with what I can) that I've done well in( $Terran Orbital(LLAP.US)$ , $Canopy Growth(CGC.US)$ ). However my setbacks were...
publish-btnJoin discussion