Account Info
Log Out
English
Back
Back to the Top
Spooky season again: Share your Halloween vibes and those holiday moments
Hey all mooers out there, happy Halloween! It's the time for candy, pranks and fancy clothes again. What is your Halloween vibe? Do you hav Show More
Hey all mooers out there, happy Halloween!
It's the time for candy, pranks and fancy clothes again. What is your Halloween vibe? Do you have your special way to celebrate this holiday? Have you ever experienced a scary moment that you will never forget? Come and share anything you want with mooers!
Requirements and Tips:
Join the discussion "Spooky season again: Share your Halloween vibes and those holiday moments", share anything related to Halloween to win your reward!
Tips for what you could share:
- Halloween makeups / decoration of your house / Caved-in jack-o'-lantern, etc.
- Thrilling moments you have ever encountered
- Tender stories you have with family or friends
Rewards:
Based on content quality and originality, winners will be selected and announced around Nov. 12th.
5 best storytellers will get 888 points
10 featured posts will get 555 points
All participants excluding the 15 mooers mentioned above will get 66 points in return for participation (at least 20 words or at least 1 picture related to Halloween vibe to qualify).
Duration: Now - Nov. 7th 24:00 ET
Notes: Please write down your own stories. Plagiarism or cheat arenot acceptable on moomoo in any kind of community activities. Please "Report" the post if you see any. Once confirmed, the user shall be disqualified from this activity.

Views
Join topic
Latest
Hot
    Dear mooers,
    Thank you all for hanging out with us at our Halloween party — "Spooky Season Again: Share Your Halloween Vibes and Those Holiday Moments"! Click the link and jump to the page to read the fascinating (or horrifying) mooer stories. I am not telling you that some of the stories are freaking me out......
    Now it's time to check out which stories are finally standing out!
    Firstly, the 5 best sharings go to @aoimizu, @Dadacai, @HopeAlways, @HuatLady, and @Syuee (sorted in alphabetical order)! Congratulations on receiving the 888 points for your outstanding sharings! Now, why don't we take a look at the winning stories?
    No.1 of 5 BEST Sharings
    @aoimizu shared with us the Halloween experiences in different places worldwide. The narrative of the experience in Taiwan brought us back to the scenes of the animated masterpiece — "Spirited Away". (GOSH! Spirited Away is amazing!)
    Read more >>
    No.2 of 5 BEST Sharings
    @Dadacai vividly brought us back to the adventures of visiting Night Safari, a nocturnal zoo in Singapore, on one Halloween night. The whispering cicadas, the yawning majestic lion, the rhinoceros soaking in the water, accompanied by the shadowy bushes around... Through those words, it is as if we were on this sacred and solemn natural land together and heard the screaming from afar! 
    Read more >>
    No.3 of 5 BEST Sharings
    @HopeAlways shared an offbeat Halloween story with us that investors might feel the same way. As @HopeAlways said, as investors, we should learn the lessons from investment failures and "always tread carefully when it comes to investing in stocks no matter how bullish the market may appear to be".
    Read more >>
    No.4 of 5 BEST Sharings
    @HuatLady told a story of her sister, an ICU nurse, who fought on the front line against the covid-19 pandemic on Halloween and the countless other nights to save lives. Medical workers are a group of people who wave goodbye to their families, put on personal protective equipment, then firmly plunge into the silent battle against coronavirus. Let's pay tribute and salute to the life-saving but anonymous heroes! Wish them a safe return!
    Read more >>
    No.5 of 5 BEST Sharings
    Activities like apple bobbing and pumpkin picking, festival snacks like soul cakes and candy apples, and shopping hacks are the Halloween traditions that we all like. @Syuee shared a few notes and a fun trick for trick-or-treaters on Halloween! I find them very attractive by reading @Syuee 's words. I bet I am not the only one who wants to skip the days and jump directly to the next Halloween! Have fun mooers. Don't forget to stay SAFE!
    Read more >>
    Among the 5 best sharings above, one of them must have got most of your attention. Please tell us which one is your favorite. Let's find out mooers' choices together!
    Next, let's move on to announce the 10 featured story winners! Let's give a big round of applause to the winners below, who will be rewarded with 555 points!
    1. @Elamelim88, for "Spooky season!!"
    2. @FBI888, for "Happy Halloween"
    3. @HuatEver, for "Supernatural of East Meets West"
    4. @JP GO, for "Most Scary Face! How many candies will you allow your kids to have on Halloween?"
    5. @nigedernigeder, for "Third eye"
    6. @PROSPERSIM, for "My encounter"
    7. @RyanT2021, for "My little poem for halloween"
    8. @Shortie, for "A few pics of Halloween past"
    9. @TheStrugglez Real, for "Halloween Memory"
    10. @Tupack H Mcsnacks, for "Scary Times"
    (Sorted in alphabetical order)
    Don't get frustrated if your name is not on the list above because all qualified participants will be rewarded with 66 points if they met the requirement of at least 20 words or 1 related picture!
    There are still so many beautiful stories or comments that we may not be able to share one by one, but we are 100% sure that every mooer's sharing must have inspired someone else.
    Like @nelz1 said, spending time with your family is also an awesome way to celebrate Halloween!
    Or as @Sam6Wei1plus put it, "trust your stock picks, stay calm and the truth will prevail! truth always does :)".
    Thank you again for sharing the memorable moments of joy, sadness, or even pain. The rewards will be credited to your accounts within 10 working days. Please remember: mooers are always with you!
    The Halloween party this year has finally come to an end. Let's look forward to the next Halloween and see you guys at the next spooky season! Please follow @moomoo Event and stay tuned for more exciting events to come!
    Peace!
    Announcing the Best Halloween Stories! See You Guys at the Next Spooky Season!
    +9
    WHOOOO WANTS CANDY???
    Yes mooers! Halloween is coming again, a day full of sweet smell of candies and spooky ghost legends!! There are many fantasy sayings about Halloween, and people hold different opinions about these. For instance, believe it or not, it's generally said that Halloween is also the most haunted day of the year as the old saying goes. And that's why people are keen to dress up in costumes and swarm into the street in order to drive away ghosts. While these legends seems difficult to be confirmed, there are also some anomalies regarding Halloween in the stock market.
    (A review to last year's story >>  Halloween Effect - Sell In May and Go Away)
    "Eat, Drink and Be Merry?" Nah, be SCARY!!
    "Eat, drink and be merry" is popular among young fellows, because life is too short to be wasted. But now what's expected from you guys is "to be scaryyyy"! Exactly, here we want you to share everything related to Halloween. It could be your Halloween makeups, the thrilling moments you've ever had in your life, or some tender stories with family...... I bet most of you must have got a lot to share with mooers, so we have prepared a Halloween gift for everyone.
    Reward points await!
    Based on content quality and originality, winners will be selected and announced around Nov. 12th.
    5 best storytellers will get 888 points
    10 featured posts will get 555 points
    All participants excluding the 15 mooers mentioned above will get 66 points in return for participation (at least 20 words or at least 1 picture related to Halloween vibe to qualify).
    Get your bonus by joining the discussion "Spooky Season Again: Share Your Halloween Vibes and Holiday Moments" before the end of Nov. 7th ET and share your own stories now. We can't wait to read them!
    Once again, happy Halloween to ya all, whatever you are...
    Do not go gentle into that good night...
    Trick or Treat! Give Me Something Good to Read
    Halloween is the spookiest night of the year. It is also a boon to the retail industry - even during a pandemic.
    And, with more people indoors and looking for a little cheer during another tough year, even pet costumes are also flying off the racks.
    Halloween has come to be most closely associated with the pumpkin, but apples have also played an important role in it’s history.
    Bobbing for apples remains a traditional Halloween party game. This practice used to be considered a form of divination performed around Halloween. Young people would literally dunk their heads in a tub of water and try to bite into the floating apple, in a quest to figure out their future partner.
    As with any big celebration, getting the Halloween decorations right is important. During my college days, I love to decorate the exterior of my house to attract (or terrify?) the trick or treaters who come knocking.
    According to folklore, the spirits of the dead were able to come back to life to harm people and crops in the physical world. People tried to appease the restless spirits on Halloween. And, these practices led to many of today's Halloween traditions. Thus, people used to wear costumes of monsters, ghosts, and devils to scare away the harmful spirits.
    Today, people still celebrate by wearing scary costumes. However, now, they also dress up like popular celebrities, children's show characters, princesses, super heroes and much more.
    Traditionally, if no treat is given, they can play a trick on the homeowners.
    The Halloween celebration has spread to many countries throughout the world as a fun and commercial event.
    Halloween is centered mostly around sweet foods. Traditional foods to eat on Halloween would be caramel apples, candy corn, caramel corn, any foods involving pumpkin (pie, bread, cake, pudding, etc) and soul cake. Soul cake is a Halloween tradition. They are like a cross between cookies and cupcakes.
    Some daring people may visit spooky places like a cemetary, battlefield or other historic landmark. Some may even go to a ticketed “haunted house”, which hosts a thrilling and spooky attraction where actors are hired to scare people.
    Trick-or-Treating is the most popular activity to do on Halloween night. Trick-or-treating is a fun activity that starts when the sun sets on October 31st.
    A fun trick people play for trick-or-treaters is that there are bowls that say “please take one” and there will be a decoration next to the bowl that’s about human-sized. When the children reach for the bowl, the decoration tries to grab the trick-or-treater, making them realize it was actually a person in costume!
    Some houses will not give anything to people who don’t wear costumes. A rule on Halloween is, if the outside lights of the house are off, then they are not giving out to trick-or-treaters.
    I have an eye for Candy Apples
    Apple always has a place in harvest celebrations. I find it particularly alluring to gaze at the dipped apples on sticks with bright red glaze showcasing next to a glass window at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. It’s an ingenious way of enticing potential customers, like myself. To me, this is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy confectionery.
    Spotting Bats
    It’s likely that bats were present at the earliest celebrations of proto-Halloween. Medieval folklore expanded upon the spooky connotation of bats with a number of superstition built around the idea that bats were the omen of death.
    Gorging on Candy
    The rise in the popularity of trick-or-treating inspired candy companies to make a marketing push with small, individually wrapped confections.
    Shopping Hacks
    I have the tendency to go hunt for Halloween goodies, one day after Halloween because they will go on super sale, the day after.
    Every year, my friends and family will make it a tradition to visit the pumpkin patch. Visiting a pumpkin patch isn’t just about finding the best pumpkin. But, the experience and fond memories that I make while there. Every pumpkin patch is unique and offers different activities. Pumpkin Picking is one of my favourite activities during Fall.
    The best part of Fall is heading to the local pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin with my family. These pumpkin patches are usually just a short drive from Downtown, but I feel like I am being transported far away to a farmland with corn mazes, hayrides and apple cider donuts.
    I, especially, look forward to the yearly Pumpkin Patch adventures. I enjoy admiring hundreds of pumpkins, corn stalks, hay bales, animal feedings while devouring tasty autumn snacks.
    So on every October 31st, as the veil between the supernatural world and the human world is the thinnest, remember to wish all Mooers “Happy Halloween!”
    ( Have Fun, while Staying Safe! )
    $MasterCard(MA.US)$  $Visa(V.US)$  $Farfetch(FTCH.US)$  $GAP(GPS.US)$  $Mondelez International(MDLZ.US)$  $Stitch Fix(SFIX.US)$  $Target(TGT.US)$  $TJX Companies(TJX.US)$  $Hershey(HSY.US)$  $Tootsie Roll Industries(TR.US)$  $Party City Holdco(PRTY.US)$  $Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory(RMCF.US)$  $Lions Gate Entertainment-A(LGF.A.US)$  $Big Lots(BIG.US)$  $Dollar Tree(DLTR.US)$  $AMC Entertainment(AMC.US)$  $Apple(AAPL.US)$  $Netflix(NFLX.US)$  $Petco Health and Wellness(WOOF.US)$  $Jakks Pacific(JAKK.US)$  $Yum Brands(YUM.US)$  $Dollar General(DG.US)$  $The Kroger(KR.US)$  $Merck & Co(MRK.US)$  $Community Health Systems(CYH.US)$  $Teladoc Health(TDOC.US)$  $Pfizer(PFE.US)$  $Garmin(GRMN.US)$  $Chipotle Mexican Grill(CMG.US)$ $Disney(DIS.US)$  $Dow Jones Industrial Average(.DJI.US)$  $S&P 500 index(.SPX.US)$  $Nasdaq Composite Index(.IXIC.US)$  $Hang Seng Index(800000.HK)$
    Witch you a MOO-sterious Halloween!
    Instead of the usual gripping and spine-chilling horror stories, for this Halloween, I read up on tales of terror on some of the worst investment in the dark, eerie night as the October moon rose and the chilling autumnal air set in. The Spooky season has crept up on me once again! The voices of fear, the cries of despair, the widespread sense of doom as stock prices crash, the frantic rush to panic sell, the Coronavirus Crash of 2020, the oil collapse in 2020...These are recent investment horror stories that many try to banish from their memory. But perhaps this Halloween is a time to relive these investment nightmares so we could learn from their painful lessons, steer clear of these costly investing pitfalls and hopefully bypass the descent into the madness of investment disaster. Hearing these tales of horror could serve as a stark reminder to always tread carefully when comes to investing in stocks no matter how bullish the market may appear to be.
    $Alibaba(BABA.US)$
    $Apple(AAPL.US)$
    $Coca-Cola(KO.US)$
    $DraftKings(DKNG.US)$
    $Farfetch(FTCH.US)$
    $Futu Holdings Limited(FUTU.US)$
    $GAP(GPS.US)$
    $Mondelez International(MDLZ.US)$
    $Netflix(NFLX.US)$
    $Starbucks(SBUX.US)$
    $Stitch Fix(SFIX.US)$
    $Target(TGT.US)$
    $Disney(DIS.US)$
    Halloween Horror Stories
    Please skip this story if you have a weak heart or you are easily scared!!!

I opened my phone and saw all the numbers were red.
    Locally, most of us are familiar with the “Hungry Ghosts” Festival, that takes place yearly on the Seven Lunar month. This is named the “Hungry Ghosts” month because all Chinese worldwide, traditionally believe that the gates of Hell are opened for a month. During this period the dead souls are released to stalk freely in the land of the living. Based on folklores, some of the evil spirits can return to the earth to seek revenge or induce harm if due respects are not bestowed to them. Thus, in order to appease the dead, the Chinese pray to the dead souls with lavish offerings of food, joss sticks, symbolic silver and gold paper ingots and “Hell $$$”. Coupled with these creepy beliefs, the Ghost Festival is obviously terrifying. The Chinese prefer not to speak ill of the dead, and if possible to avoid them, especially during the late evenings.
    In Japan, the Japanese celebrate “Obon” or “Festival of the Lantern” to honour their deceased ancestors yearly. It is an event that lasts for several days. They will hang lanterns outside their homes to guide their beloved ancestors’ spirits back to visit their homes.
    On the other hand, the Westerners mark their Halloween 👻 🎃 Eve annually, on 31st October with edibles, laughters and merry makings although they too, have regarded this night to be a night where the spooky dead are free to roam the earth. Truly speaking our counterparts from the European countries, seem to be braver as they opt to dress in scary costumes of monsters or devils to frighten away the evil 👿 🦹‍♂️ instead of placating to them.
    As we journey through Life, we ask ourselves whether is it better to adopt the supernatural beliefs of the East or to favour the Western concepts?
    I am a cynic, and I have never believed in the supernatural world until just recently, when I witnessed that sudden cryptic digital display of “666444” on the screen of my untouched smartphone at 1155 hours, on that Halloween Eve. Initially, I did not noticed that errie text, because I was busy monitoring the US stock market. Eventually, when I noticed that sinister text, I was so bewildered and alarmed that I halted all my trading activities immediately.
    Looking back at it now, I do not know whether it was just my wild imagination, that has pulled my legs or whether it was my Guardian Angel that has saved me me from a potentially heavy loss that night. Thank God for that creepy prompting which has saved me from a Horroudous 👻 🎃 this 2021.
    $AMC Entertainment(AMC.US)$ 
    $Amazon(AMZN.US)$ 
    $Tesla(TSLA.US)$ 
    $Apple(AAPL.US)$
    $Disney(DIS.US)$ 
    $Netflix(NFLX.US)$
    This is the true story of my sister, an ICU
    (intensive care unit) nurse. A story that my sister would remember throughout her life.
    She would never forget the fear and
    trepidation, that she had experienced on her first night duty rotation as an overseas' graduate, working in an ICU of a local hospital. She realised that besides flexing her nursing skills and best practices, she had to adapt to the local customs and  cultures of her team- mates and more importantly, the patients under her care. More so, since that night fell on 31st October,  Halloween eve. The eve that was associated with the spookiest spirits to harm people of the living world. Based on this belief would my sister, who was accustomed to the Western World and their mysterious myths, work peacefully to shield her patients from the Evils?
    Initially, the night had started as happy hours for my sister, as she carried out her duties to comfort and nurture her two patients under her care. She was beginning to relax and believe that it would be a routine "night" like the other day duties' rotations. In fact my sister thought that she could spare some minutes to enjoy the candies and cookies that one of the Consultant surgeons had generously gifted to the ICU staff. She had hoped for a peaceful Halloween eve but "Men proposes and God disposes".
    Minutes after her supper break, her team leader announced the imminent arrival of a suspected Covid 19 positive patient from the A&E (accident and emergency) department.
    Nothing could have prepared my sister for what was coming during the next four hours, in her fight for this very ill
    patient's life. Certainly, it was not a Treat or Trick four hours. It was a a Life and Death battle for the ICU team. Unlike their counterparts in the Western world, who would don on their scary costumes  and grotesque face masks  to usher in Halloween , the ICU team had don on their full PPE (preventive, protective equipment) to fight the Coronavirus before Death could take its toll. In their "superheros" goggles and faceshields, they have bravely faced the danger of self exposures to perform various procedures to save a patient's life. Zealously, these unsung heroes have "bitten the bullet", and not a piece of apple pie to salvage a life. With their valiant efforts, they have successfully managed to halt the fabled "pumpkin carriage" from transporting their patient to the mortuary door.
    Unlike her past experiences, of Halloween Eves cerebrated in the United States, she finds Halloween 2020 as her most memorable one, although the merry makings, the delicacies, the funs and laughters were totally absent.
    Since that Halloween night, my sister's life would never be the same again. She is now grateful to God for allowing her to learn more life lessons than Life itself. A battle fought with faith and courage despite of immense tensions, fears and anxieties that her teammates and she have faced.
    In a way, my sister's and her teammates' experience is like trading. It is a tough game of decisions and sometimes risks. The ICU team has to focus shrewdly  before making each timely move. Likewise, so do the wise investors in their investment journeys.
    $Netflix(NFLX.US)$
    $Futu Holdings Limited(FUTU.US)$
    $AMC Entertainment(AMC.US)$
    $Tesla(TSLA.US)$
    $NVIDIA(NVDA.US)$
    $Alibaba(BABA.US)$
    @moomoo Event
    In the last decade, Halloween has gained traction among younger generations of Singaporeans who are into dressing up, horror and thrills. Many tourist attractions started to have Halloween theme nights. One year, my friends and I decided to visit Night Safari during their Halloween Horror Night.
    Night Safari is a nocturnal zoo and only opens at night. The enclosures are designed to mimick the animals’ natural habitats and visitors can explore the park using walking trails as well as a tram ride.
    We anticipated the queues would be long on Halloween Horror Night and we were proven right when we saw the sea of people. Soon, dusk began to fall and under the cover of the night and the lush tropical greenery, the cicadas launched into their rhythmic song. Softly illuminated by the silvery light of the moon and the deliberately dim lamp posts, the animal park gave off a mysterious and eerie vibe. Jack-o’-lanterns glared at us from the shadowy holes that passed for their eyes. I could see my friends’ faces lighting up with excitement.
    The Thumbuakar Fire Dance show outside the entrance started on the dot at 7.30pm. Amidst a backdrop of catchy music and drum beats, fire-eaters handled multiple torches of fire with ease and blew out long plumes of flames like dragons. The appreciative audience, including us, clapped enthusiastically. What a spectacular start to the night!
    We then entered the park and made a beeline for the popular tram ride. The guide kept up a running commentary, her voice rising and falling at appropriate moments to create a spooky feel as the tram rolled past various animals—rhinocerous soaking idyllically in the water, a majestic lion yawning lazily, a powerful tiger prowling, a stately elephant unfurling its trunk and swaying its tail sedately, bongos grazing contentedly, etc. Some of the younger children on the tram were completely caught up in the atmosphere and spoke in hushed tones.
    After the tram ride, we headed to the animal show where we were treated to a showcase of the prowess of various nocturnal creatures
    like spotted hyenas and owls. While exploring the walking trail, it felt like a ghoul could pop up from behind the trees or bushes at any moment. In the distance, we could hear occasional thrilled screams from other visitors. I felt a little sorry for the animals which must be wondering what we silly two-legged creatures were up to. Our initial plan was to explore all the walking trails but not being nocturnal creatures, our eyelids began to get heavy and we decided to call it a night.
    It was a very memorable visit as we learnt interesting facts about nocturnal animals and got to observe them in natural-looking habitats. The Halloween theme added a little something extra. Out of consideration for the animals, flash photography was not allowed, so we did not get to take many great photos but the memories still live on in my heart to this day.
    If you enjoy the read, I would appreciate it if you can click the below.
    Check out A Thanksgiving To Remember https://www.moomoo.com/en-sg/community/feed/107327461982214?lang_code=2
    Halloween at Night Safari (Singapore)
    I love that moo moo has active users from the United States, Hong Kong, China, and Singapore. Makes for a diverse and vibrant forum with a variety of perspectives, which enriches discussions. For e.g. as an Asian, this is the first forum that I belong to that mentions Helloween, an American phenomenon, that I find very interesting. Have fun this Helloween everyone! it's nice to be scared (in a fun way) once in a while 😀🎉🤸🤡👽🎃